Would you like to be a part of Arkonik – The world’s leading custom Land Rover Defender restoration specialists? Arkonik has been established for over 12 years with production facilities in the UK and sales internationally, predominantly within the USA.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and passionate Engines & Transmission Technician to join Arkonik HQ. This is a role where you will be involved in all aspects of engine rebuilds. Currently in production are the push rod Rover 3.5ltr V8 and the 200Tdi diesel variants. On offer is a permanent role that pays a competitive salary, company pension scheme, and 28 days holiday.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of complete engine rebuilds to the highest quality
- Tailoring bespoke engines explicitly to each individual client requirements
- The successful candidates will possess the requisite measuring skills, attention to detail and experience in the use of engine measuring equipment
- Projects entail stripping, measuring and assembling engines and their work often involves performance improvements/enhancement modification
- Other ad-hoc jobs as requested
- City & Guilds qualified with substantial engine building experience
- Is able to work as part of a team or on your own initiative without supervision
- Takes pride in their work and is constantly seeking perfection
- Previous automotive experience required
- Knowledge of Land Rover Defenders very useful but not essential
- Is reliable, punctual and highly motivated
- Possess a genuine passion for your work and a love for the job satisfaction that comes with seeing the finished product
- Takes pride in their work and their essential role in the business
- Own transport is essential due to rural location
What you’ll get in return for your experience:
In return, Arkonik has some very competitive benefits. You’ll not only be rewarded with a competitive salary but you will receive 28 days holiday and the opportunity to join our company pension scheme. Alongside the financials you’ll get to work in a collaborative work space in a rural setting. Work with some genuinely talented minds and be part of the continued development and expansion of our global company. Excellent training and progression opportunities are available for the right applicant.
Closing date for applications is 25 April 2019