We’re looking for a dynamic Health & Safety Manager to join our team. Within this role, you will be responsible for co-ordinating, supporting and advising the Business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety.
Arkonik is a business in growth, with a new US location, which will provide you with the opportunity to grow and progress within the company. As the largest industrial-scale vehicle restoration business in the world, we have a growing focus in sustainability, which you will play a large part in supporting.
On offer is a permanent role that pays a competitive pay rate, workplace pension scheme & 28 days holiday.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health
- Project manage various site development projects with the Site Manager
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures. Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks
- Establish and implement a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Provide regular reports to the Human Resources Manager, Board of Directors/Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety activities.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- At least three years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Experience in handling H&S investigations
- Experience in creating, implementing and enforcing H&S policies and procedures
- Confidential in all matters
- Professional approach with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills
- Flexible and co-operative at all times
- Able to understand the commercial needs of the business
- Desirable: NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Desirable: NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
Closing date for applications is 07 September 2020