We require a skilled Welder/Fabricator to join the team at Arkonik HQ. This is a role where you will be involved in all aspects of welding to complete structural repair and fabrication on Land Rover Defenders. Arkonik has been established for over 10 years with production facilities in the UK and with Sales internationally, predominantly within the USA. On offer is a permanent role that pays a competitive pay rate, pension & 28 days holiday.
- Analyse failures and make recommendations to prevent similar failure in the future
- Maintain welding equipment to ensure full compliance with all safety rules and regulations
- Keeps welding area neat, orderly and free of all potential safety hazards.
- Eager to progress within role and take on more responsibility
- Other ad hoc jobs as requested
- Complete tasks by deadlines set
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous automotive experience with knowledge/experience of MIG, TIG and gas welding procedures, tools and equipment used in structural light repair and heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of Land Rover Defenders useful but not essential
- Ability to multi-task, work as part of a team or on own initiative without supervision
- High attention to detail required even within a fast paced environment
- Reliable, punctual and highly motivated
- Own transport essential due to rural location
- Must provide and maintain a full set of hand tools and locking tool box.
- GCSE Grade C+ in English and Maths
Closing date for applications is 31 July 2019