Arkonik SVO, based in Charleston SC, is recruiting for a Traveling Vehicle Technician to join us. You will be the point person for mobile repair and technical customer support. You’ll also be involved in the installation of high-performance engines and automatic transmissions into classic Land Rover Defenders as well as the maintenance and refurbishment of classic Defender components. This is a role where you will be serving as the face of Arkonik.
You will be a concierge, liaison and, technical expert answering any questions about our Land Rover Defenders and what makes us synonymous with excellence. You will be tasked to be a Defender vehicle expert (relaying the operation and unique aspects of the trucks), answering questions, trouble-shooting, and available to travel nationally as required in order to perform warranty and service work.
Additionally, you’ll be working in our workshop building these unique vehicles. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently whilst on service calls and serve as a brand ambassador. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and progress within this unique and exciting company. As a relatively new venture, there will be both challenges and huge opportunities for the right candidates, a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude are essential. Competitive pay rates and benefits are on offer.
- Serve as the point person for clients fielding technical questions about our Land Rovers as well as help assess any system anomalies and performing field repairs and warranty work as necessary while creating a client experience that is unmatched
- Reporting on any client interaction and detailed accounting of any field work
- Perform maintenance and repairs on Land Rover Defenders both in the field as well as in our Charleston facility. Responsible for removing, installing, diagnosing, disassembling, and assembling parts, components, and engines
- Assemble all units according to drawings, sketches, or written directions. Must perform the assembly of the following systems according to the functional plan: Mechanical and chassis components / Hydraulic system installation / Electrical system installation
- Carry out functional tests, and ensure the assembly meets quality parameters
- Analyze technical and procedure problems; Make proposals to support the design, development, and planning in achieving the implementation of optimization
- Perform failure analysis and repair of complete vehicles
- Collect and prepare core data relating to productivity, capacity, and deficiency. Record deviations, propose remedial measures and participate in their implementation
- Carry out training measures
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Program.
- Qualifications: High school Diploma or GED preferred - 3 years of relevant experience preferred
- ASE certifications OR equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Ability to be a Brand Ambassador
- Tidy and neat
- Ability to travel as required
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Land Rovers useful
- Ability to multi-task
- Can work as part of a team or on own initiative without supervision
- Attention to detail is required
- Reliable, punctual, and highly motivated.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
A competitive salary, 28 days holiday plus you’ll be working with an exceptional company and proposition.
To apply for this exciting role, please send us your current CV along with a covering letter using the form below.
Closing date for applications is 30 November 2021